Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It Came From Pinterest: Weird-Ass Cookies

Today's post is brought to you by the letter Y and by my shitty cellphone camera. Enjoy.


Pinterest is a dangerously helpful place. So many DIYs and recipes...and workout programs. Good god. I have tons of recipes pinned, and most of them are 87% shit...sometimes, though...sometimes they work out ok. This was one of those times.


Here is the pin in question. Seems pretty simple and so very much like the thousands of other "NOFLOURNOSUGARAARGGGH" recipes that clog the intertubes. When I clicked through, I found it linked back to someone who was less than thrilled about having to use a billion substitute things just to make some weird fauxkie. I have actually made some things pretty similar to this before (though I think that pin called them breakfast cookies...) and since I had some borderline bananas on hand...I decided to make these.

a screenshot of the pin

To make your own weird-ass cookies, you'll need:
  • 350F preheated oven 
  • 1 cup quick cook oats. Maybe steel cut would work, maybe not. YMMV.
  • 2 ready-to-roll bananas
  • a big-ass spoonful of peanut butter. I used a serving spoon. As long as you use at least a tablespoon, I think its  pretty flexible
  • 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Because reasons.
  • 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
  • 2 large spoons
Mix everything up in a bowl. You can add fruits/nuts if you want, it really doesn't matter. Using your two spoons, shape them into cannelles and drop them onto your parchment paper. Pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes. You can eat them right then, or refrigerate them for the morning. These are quite good "let mommy sleep" breakfast cookies...especially if you add dried fruit.


waiting to bake

in my oven of doom
all done!
I don't know what happened to the other chicks...maybe her mix was too loose? I dunno. I'm sure they are still good, but they looked gnarly. These look halfway decent, and the fancy shaping makes them even look presentable to people that aren't my kids. Try it. You'll like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment