Monday, March 7, 2016

I Made a Hat!

Hats have, for some reason, been a mental obstacle for me. I think because I can't visualize how they will come together, my brain immediately throws them into the "omgimpossible" category. But 2016 is the year of conquering, so I chose to conquer my double-pointed-needles.

I made a hat and no one died!



What I Used
Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Wheat (dye lot 52933)
6mm needles • dpn and 16in fixed circulars

My husband has been begging for two things since I started knitting: socks and hats. Socks are still scary, so we shall stick with hats for now. Husband wears about a 7 3/8 in hat sizes, so I co 82sts for this, and then I just followed this pattern...mostly.

What I Learned
Hats are not horrible monsters. I don't have to wrassle the dpn-octopus if I don't want to for a normal hat. 

Three dpns are easier for me than 4. I have no idea why.

A wider brim is better. 

Unless you're hat-wearer is a gnome, weave in your ends from the inside and pull tight. That will make your hat more round.



No comments:

Post a Comment